Consider the "God-wink"


I often have difficulty sleeping at night. I use this as an opportunity to have God speak to me. Insomnia can be a scary and unsettling occurrence. But in what one may think is a misstep, often it will later be found that circumstances were exactly how God meant for it to be. We must go where God wants us and listen to His nudges. A trusted friend has coined the term the "God-wink", when occurrences happen for a reason or another and we are cognizant to realizing it is God's intervention.

Right now, I cannot sleep particularly because I have nasal congestion. Often I would get frustrated or disheartened. Yet I am so overdue for prayer and a conversation with God, such a cold becomes a good thing. And this post is so overdue, that it works out, because by my time in writing with the silence surrounding me, I can finally be aware of God's presence. God, I need assistance, in finding patience and strength. In remembering you should be my single priority, and through this, all else that needs to happen in my life will follow. Help me to find the words and know your presence is right here with me when I am distracted by the busy-ness of daily life.

Today's Gospel is a reminder of the importance of coming to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit together in prayer. Recalling that Christ wants an active relationship with each of us. Anything we need, we can find in life with Him. We just have to be able to listen for His voice. Sometimes in the silence of the night, this can be the best time to seize the opportunity. After all, it is in darkness that a light's presence is best appreciated.


https://cathopic.com/photo/249-lantern

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Raise Me Up

Here I am, Lord / Aquí Estoy, Señor

Pitter-patter sounds in my heart