Anchor Us, Oh Lord, and Let Us Marvel in Your Goodness

Matthew 8:23-27 - 

Jesus Stills the Storm
23 And when he got into the boat, his disciples followed him. 24 And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but he was asleep. 25 And they went and woke him, saying, “Save, Lord; we are perishing.” 26 And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O men of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. 27 And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”



My kids and I often listen to David Suchet's reading of the Jesus Storybook Bible, written by Sally Lloyd Jones. It is a classic that I highly encourage families of young children check out. I think by far my favorite story in this precious collection is of Jesus calming the storm. At one point, Suchet re-tells the story of despair the Apostles had as the raging storm is thundering around them. They cry out in exasperation, "Don't you care?" And Suchet simply follows, "Of course Jesus cared." It is such a simple yet soothing point. Even for myself as an adult, I reflect on Suchet's rendition over and over in my head. So many times we doubt and can't begin to understand why we have trials and tribulations. But Jesus is always there, ready to anchor us along.  We must always recognize that all nature and time will obey Him. Let us stand in awe today as the Apostles did, remembering His marvelous works.

https://cathopic.com/photo/12963-la-barca

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Raise Me Up

Here I am, Lord / Aquí Estoy, Señor

Pitter-patter sounds in my heart